Homeschoolin' mommas! Help please!! :)

Due to financial constraints I have had to pull my 3yo ds out of daycare. Not too big of a deal really however I do want to keep up with his schooling. I know at the daycare they were concentrating on learning to write the alphabet and numbers, identifying differences in pics, learning numbers by grouping objects, and some other little stuff that I'm pretty confident about activites for. Background done. Question coming up! Is there a website that you prefer or just plain ol' really like to get worksheets from? Mainly looking for letter/number activites.
Thanks for any help!!!:)

okeefe11

Asked by okeefe11 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in

• Join one of the CafeMom homeschooling groups. There is some great information here: http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my advice would be to avoid too many worksheets and "seatwork" for that age. make game out of the things you want him to learn. you can ask him to find five things around the house begining with a B sound, for example, or three things with a triangle shape. coloring and drawing are good pre-writing skills, I think three is bit early for the motor skills to write letters. if you do letters, you can do them big in chalk on the sidewalk, or traced with a finger in a baking pan of flour to familiarize him with the shapes of each letter.
    sprout.com has a great interactive website with games good for pre-k kids.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 2:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Thanks a bunch ladies!! Today has been pretty successful and fun so far. :) I appreciate all the advice!
    okeefe11

Answer by okeefe11 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Check your local library. Mine is full of preschool curriculum, plus books, videos, audio books, etc.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• www.edhelper.com
    www.abcteach.com

Enchantedlearning is my favorite though. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I agree with autodidact. very much. I think thats more for her age. :D
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2010