would you tell the girl's parents?

my boyfriend told me his 12 yr old son's cell phone kept going off- like alot- and my bf thought it might be his son's mom, so he picked it up and he checked who was texting over and over and calling over and over...... so the text message was from "Amy" (another 12ish yr old) and the message said "I want to hear you moan while I moan, while I'm giving you a blow job"..... OMG! 12 yr olds! I think my bf should let this girl's parents know what she is up to. But my BF says it would be too awkward to tell the parents.... what do y'all think? Or would you even want to know if it was your daughter?

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 10:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• What did his son say? I think he needs to talk to her parents, and take phone in hand! I would also lock up the text message application for a bit, hope it works out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Hell yes I would. I also would take the cell phone from the boy. That is totally inappropriate and her parents should be informed before she moves onto sexting and ruins her life by distributing what is considered child porn. Young girls and boys are being put on sex offender registries all the time because of misuse of cell phones. This is totally unacceptable.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would have to agree with your bf. Awkward, on the other hand I would want to know also. Maybe he doesn't have to say anything just ask the parents for their cell # and tell them you want to send them something their dd sent your son. That's all you need to do. Then tell ds to stay away from that girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would tell the girls parents. AT 12 THATS INSANE! I would also take the boys phone away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with kimigogo....

IF my dd was doing that - someone BETTER tell me. then text message off, phone taken away. Period.

YES! THE PARENTS NEED TO KNOW!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• If it was MY daughter, I would certainly want to know!!! And she would be in some deep trouble for being THAT inappropriate. Then, she would probably be in counseling so we could focus on her low self-esteem. Not saying your SO should tell, that's his decision, but as a parent, I would definately appreciate any info regarding my DD.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, tell the parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Ummm, yeah. They are 12. I'd be taking the boy and the phone over to the girls house and sitting down with her and her parents and showing them what she wrote. That way all the cards are on the table and nothing can be denied by either child. They all need to talk about this and those phones need to be taken away and there needs to be a long talk with those kids!
    I could not imagine finding this on my kids phone. WOW! And if I did you'd better be dang sure I'd not be too embarassed to talk to the other childs parents.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Oh heck yes I would let that girls parents know! They obviously need to have a talk with her. If your 12 year old daughter was sending text messages like that, wouldn't you want to know? As a mother of 3 girls, I know I sure would! Yes, I agree it's going to be awkward, but the parents of that girl NEED to know. How they choose to handle the situation is in their hands, but at least you two will be able to rest easy knowing you did the right thing.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Awkward for sure...but If I was the girls parent I would DEFINITELY want to know. Obviously the girl has some issues and I would want to help her before it's too late if yyou know what I mean. Seriously-there has to be a reason why a 12 yr old is acting this way and without some help my guess is that it will most definitely get worse...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2010