Is it possible to develop feelings for someone through texts?

I met this guy online and we met once in person. But he was so unattractive and boring! But nice so when he started texting me I figured we can be friends. But now based on his texts I am really starting to like him. I think maybe he's just shy in person. So I plan on seeing him again. But is it likely that my feelings for him in text will transfer to real life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• yes you can
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think people can develop all sorts of immature and irrational feelings for people online and through texts.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• you are falling in love with what is inside and that is what is most important. The outside does change.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, I believe they can.

People grow to care for people through feelings-looks are not everything.

Example: When you first meet someone they are usually judged by their appearance, but once you get to know them sometimes your first feelings are wrong and you realize what a nice or beautiful person they really are...

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think that there was a reason that you didn't like him in person, attraction is a big part of relationships, and I would be concerned about being on way--when he is hiding ie,, texting? I hope it works for you, but I doubt when you see him again you will all of the sudden feel romantic towards him, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• LOL! Really? No, you cannot develop a TRUE feeling for someone based on texts. OMG, if you can't have real conversation and find this person attractive in real life situations, what the heck.... TEXT DATING? TEXT MARRIAGES? TEXT BABIES? Seriously.... you are not five years old...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I believe it is possible go ahead and see him again who knows maybe you would like him in person this time looks aren't everything now if he is that bad looking is there anyway you can get him to look the way you would like him to look in your eye...I mean if for some reason you can't get past that good looking stage...beside why do you want him to look good then all the ladies will want him...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• maybe, you have met him, and maybe he is shy, this texting may have given him a chance to open up, and gave you the chance to really know him.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• damn i feel sorry for unattractive people. not b/c they are unattractive, but b/c it seems that so many people dont give a shit about their personality b/c they cant get past their looks. how fuckin shallow!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I really like this guy that I have been texting. I get to know him more through his texts because he doesn't live here and we don't have a chance to hang out. I feel a deeper connection with him then I did with my ex. He is an old friend of mine and I can't wait to go visit him!

I do believe you can have feeling for someone you have been texting but whether or not those same feeling will exist in person is something that time will only tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010