What bank do you use?

Out of curiosity. My mom had money that got 'lost' by Compass bank and as soon as they fixed it, she closed her account. Ever had problems with a bank and refuse to do business with them?

I use Bank of America.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I use a local credit union. I have never been disappointed. checks are deposited immediately- even personal ones and even if I don't have the funds to back them up. No deposit slips, no hold times, the bank never changes it's name or gets sold out or closes.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 11:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• A local bank here for 3 of our accounts, and US Bank for my child support account. No problems with anything..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I use USAA and have never had a problem.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We also use a local credit union and the same terms apply to ours as to the PP. Previously we were using Regions bank and had several issues with them. If we were to deposit our payroll checks on Friday afternoon, they wouldn't post to our account until TUESDAY!!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Chase. I was with LaSalle Bank for years, then they got bought out by Bank of America, who pissed me off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• bank of America, never had an issue except with online banking, which doesn't function properly :)
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 11:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• had a bank who came up with the great idea of loaning money to anyone whose account was o/d at a cost of forty dollars per o/d no matter how little or high the o/d was. doesn't sound too bad until when an accidental overdraw came three times in a very long timespan they three times cleared the largest of checks first and failed the clearing because of insuff. funds. That large amount going through first and failing made a forty dollar fee immediately due and that large insuff. funds amount failed due to insuff. funds plus forty dollar fee caused much smaller amounts to fail also because the forty dollar fee was immediately removed. Then more forty dollars fees were charged for each subsequent insufficiency.

If they'd have cleared the smaller checks first which for some reason there always came in for clearing at the same time of a large check failure of funds, we'd have had four checks clear instd of fail. Don't overdr!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Local credit union for me as well. Took them a while to get online, but I have never been happier since they did. Great rates and everyone knows your name.
    Anonymous

• oh yeah well we just got a letter this past Saturday that a bank who have us a small credit card closed our account because we didn't use the card for six months AFTER we paid off the account the first time.

It was a specific store mastercard that could actually also be used anywhere because of the mastercard symbol. But we never did that because we took care to not overuse it and we kept it for only that specific store!!!! what s o b's!!!!! But all's good it's one less credit card to ever have to pay interest on, in the end they did us a favor - we HATE paying interest!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We used Bank of America for a while but had too many probs with em. So we left and went with a more regional bank... I think maybe only in TX. Anyway, we have had no probs at all and they have better hours/extended and weekend hours and more convenient locations. And the people were WAY nicer.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010