Does your husband go to church with you?

Ok, I am a Christian. I haven't been to church in years. My husband believes in god. He just isn't into the whole church thing. My 3 year old daughter is pretty interested in god and Jesus. So I think its time we start going. My daughter and I. I am not and nor will I ever pressure my husband into going to church. I feel we should have our own choices. And that is one of the reasons I love him so much. We are both free to make our own choices. I was just wondering if there were alot of moms who go to church without their husbands? Do you care that he doesn't go? I am thinking my daughter is ready for Sunday school. So I think I will be starting to go back soon. Thanks for your opinions :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My DH goes to church. He is there more than I am. But I think you should definitely go. I also think that it will be such a blessing to your entire family if you go. You dd will love Sunday School, and you will probably end up influencing your DH to come with you.

Peter says that without a word, a husband can be influenced to grow closer to God just by the conduct of their wives as they watch how you live your life in purity and love for God. 1 Peter 3.

He believes in God already, so he might want to go to church with you when he sees how much it is blessing you and your dd.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I go alone every Sunday with all 4 of our kiddos! I wish he would go with me, but just like your dh it's just not his thing!!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I go to church, and i try and go every Sunday, but that doesnt always happen. My fiance goes with me whenever i go, not because i make him or beg him to, but because he wants to n he enjoys going just as much as i do. We both grew up in church and like wise want our children to grow up in church, We are not Overly Religious, but since we are Christians and because of how we were raised we think church is a pretty important part of out lives.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with Cin's advice/words :)

~ Blessings

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes I am a Christian and yes I have a husband who doesnt go to church with me. He believes in some of the things I do but not. I feel that our household would be strong if we went as a family. I have a son who is a year old and I take him. I want him to grow up in church and then let him decided as he gets older.

Danielle Shellhorn
    www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes I go without mine. My relationship with God is between God and me and I desire to pursue Him at all costs. If my husband chooses not to go that is between him and God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No my DH does not, he doesn't care for church or christianity. He lived next to some JW's for a time and that turned him completly off to God. I am praying for him.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sometimes. My dh works every other weekend so its hard for him to go every weekend.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I used to go with my kids, but it's really hard to sit there watching other complete families bond spiritually. It's very heartbreaking for me. I understand that my relationship with God is a personal one, but it's not so easy to attend when my physical partner isn't there.
    Anonymous

• DH, DS and I attend Sunday School and Chruch every week together and DD and SIL attend a Church in SC every week.  It is something we all look forwarrd too....Of course Tim Horton's before or after does not hurt.

SheilaRadochio

Answer by SheilaRadochio at 2:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010