Hives again! Does anyone else get hives for unknown reasons?

They go away for a long time and I have seen the doctor about this but he doesn't feel that it is anymore than a reaction to something new I may have used. Well I haven't used anything new and they just appear out of nowhere. I have them for weeks then they go away for a while.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • I woke up yesterday morning(for church) with a few spots of something on my face,not sure what it was but to me looked like I had a disease LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had this problem for quite some time. However, for me the cause is no longer unknown. It was determined that the cause of my rash and hives is UV light, either from the sun or bright lights in stores or hospitals. I thought they were full of it, but I tested it out for myself and they were right. You wouldn't believe the lengths that I went to in order to eliminate all hygiene products, etc., to try to determine the source. Now, I do best just to stay out of the sun whenever possible and protect myself the best that I can when I have to be out...not perfect, but does minimize the reaction. A hat is a must for me no matter the weather or time of year. Hives in the scalp are maddening. Not good for the hair-do, but I'd rather have messy hair than hives in my scalp any day. : )
    Anonymous

• could it be stress?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I guess it could be but I don't feel like I have been stressing much. My skin is also sensitive when this happens. For example, the last time this happened I was playing with my son on the grass, my arms broke out with hives really bad after that. When I am not having hives, the grass does not effect me.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My SIL gets them when she is stressed, take Benedryl
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OMG I did Saturday and Sunday! I haven't taken Benadryl yet because I have no one available to make sure the kids don't burn the house down when I'm knocked out, my DF works, so I can't take it! I found another one today, but I'm trying not to scratch it.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010