Who knows what a garbage plate is...

and would you order one?

Another question made me think of these.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do, and no!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OMG,,,,,,,,iw as just talkign to my husband the other day about a place i want to take him to when we visit NY,,,,provided its still there, Its in Rochester and its called Nick Tahoes ( i dont know the exact spelling) and they have a garbage plate that is legendary
    keeping my fingers crossed its still there when we go
    wish they had a place liek this in florida
    Adaly07

Answer by Adaly07 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I saw it on TV last night and it did not look apealing
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Adayly07, I was just up there in July (my sister in law lives in Williamson, and we have friends in Brockport). Nick Tahou's is still there. Thier website is http://www.garbageplate.com/

acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• never heard of it but looking at the link....reminds me of poutine.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• lol. yes, and absolutely not... but my ex husband could hork the entire thing by himself and still want a beer. he was such a slob.... ew.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• In my city (Kenosha, WI) there is a little diner called, Franks DIner and they serve a garbage plate that is amazing. It was even featured on the Diners, Driveins and Dives show. It is for breakfast. Has hashbrowns, meat (sausage, ham or bacon), cheese, veggies, jalapenos and eggs on top. It is as big as a dinner plate and heaping. It is served with the most amazing homemade sourdough toast. YUMMY!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Not really, unless you count the family meal at Famous Dave's that's served on a garbage can lid. Yum. Never heard of anything else by that name. But we rarely eat out, and don't have a lot of variety.
    Anonymous