Am I Alone?

When I read some of the crap that husbands dish out to their wives it makes me appreciate my Husband that much more. I am a SAHM and I can honestly say that he has NEVER walked into this house looked around and asked what I have been doing all day. He rarely goes out with his friends and when he does he is very considerate about clearing it with me and making sure to let me know what is going on throughout the night (his choice). He does not hit me, verbally abuse me, even when we were separated a few years ago (he had a mental breakdown caused by his childhood and felt he needed to get away to protect us) he still made sure we had everything we needed, money, supplies, etc. He got better came home and accepted his childhood. He does everything in his power to make sure we have everything and anything we need and want.
How many other ladies are with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Thanks for posting this, I'm sitting here after a string of bad relationships with no hope that there is anyone out there that will ever be good to me, scared shitless to even consider dating or even speaking to anyone who tries to approach me because I JUST KNOW they will end up hurting me...so it's nice to read there are decent men out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My Hubby is the same! He's awesome, shares everything with me. I'm a sahm and tells me he does not want my job, he would go insane,lol... Works so hard to give us a great life, and doesn't forget that we have to take care of our marriage. We have date nights, family time. It's a great balance. Not always perfect but marriage is work, and we don't take it for granted. I'm so proud to be his wife, and his best friend. So NO you're not alone!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, you are special. What else would you like to gloat about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Im am very happy for you! Isnt having a good and loving mate such a blesing???!!! Im with you 100%. Me and my fiance may have our differences but he would never do anything to hurt or our baby. He is a great man and i love him to death. But its very sad to know that not all the women on CAFEMOM are as blessed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Don't assume that life will always be like that. Cheating comes when you expect it and also very very often when you least expect it. Women and men are not always forced into cheating by a spouse or partner who can't have sex for a while or won't because of building a better relationship. Most cheaters are that because of their ego's attachment to their groins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have one of those :)
    I am so thankful for my dh having him in my life is like winning the lottery...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It's easier to complain about a bad relationship than to put in the work for a good one. Like the anon who said you are gloating, some people don't know how to be happy.

No one should put up with cruelty in a relationship. Leaving is hard and divorcing a violent man is terrible. My ex burnt my house down when I filed for divorce! But no one has to put up with that. There is no slavery in this country. We all make choices. Even if the options are hard.

Now, I have a perfect DH. I am constantly attracted to him, grateful for him, in awe of his commitment to me and our life together, and respect him. He takes great care of our family. I make sure to tell him so every day.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Anon 1143 I never said that he would NEVER cheat on me. I was just saying that we are very happy and reading how sad and volatile some people's relationships are it makes me appreciate mine that much more. Our marriage has in not been easy. We have been together for over ten years and have survived so much. What is wrong with instead of posting about my problems, posting about how happy I am? My heart goes out to the women who are in bad relationships or like the first poster. I want them to find somebody who is good for them with all my heart! I wish everybody could have what my Husband and I have. Last night we were sitting next to each other watching t.v. and texting how each other telling the other one how much we love each other. I texted him "are we corny?" and he was like "yeah and I LOVE it!"
    I don't mean to sound like I am showing off, but I guess I am, because he is so good to me (and I am to him)!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Oh and just an slight example of what we have been through, his crack head mother pratically abadoned him when was a kid. He grew up in a dirty run down trailer surrounded by drugs, money and prostitution. His mother treated him like crap when she was around. He thought nobody could ever love him for him including me. I fought so hard to teach this man that he CAN be loved and that he deserves to be loved. Now he has dealt with those demons and he is happy and can truly love. I DID that for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Nope, you're not alone. My boyfriend is a really great guy. He had a...less than ideal childhood, but he's moved beyond it and managed to come out as a really awesome adult. He works incredibly hard, he treats me with respect and love, he loves my kids, he's totally trustworthy. We have a really great relationship. I had major trust issues and insecurity issues when I met him, and he slowly but surely helped me get past them, never gave up on me or on us. There are really wonderful guys still out there...you just gotta be patient and not settle for the losers that try to sneak in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010