A lump under a breast on a rib & painful what could it be?

What could a lump under a breast be its on a rib. It hurts! I read many others on the internet has this too! But no one ever came back to say what is it. I live in a secluded part of the country. In a rural area. But also have no insurance! I did have a mamogram one year ago. Anyone know or deal with this? A free clinic that sometimes opens weekly has most times no doctors, medicine or can help. So it was of no help. I'm scared and feeling worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• No clue but you need to have it checked out. Go to the ER. They can't turn you away. Apply for financial aid through the hospital when you receive the bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My mom thought she was having breast lumps. They were all over her ribs. Her endometriosis had spread into her chest. The doc left it in. They biopsy her every so often. She's "fine" as in no cancer or serious concern.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• call YMe Breast Cancer Organization - they might have ideas how to get women with little or no insurance mammograms. Also call United Way for your county - they might have an organization for your situation. If none of that works do what 1042anon says - but they might just do a mammogram and not include an ultrasound - mammog. show masses and calcifications but don't go into the mass to show it to be fluid or solid. An ultrasound does that.

also try your county - they might have a programs for you.

sorry for tmi another thought - if you go to e r be sure to say that it's extremely painful to the accidental touch or if someone knocks into you so you'll be considered to be at least urgent to be seen. An e r visit w/o any kind of insurance from anywhere can be a few thousand dollars on the patient's family. pm me if you want. Lastly - are you in Maryland or Delaware? Northern Virginia? Johns Hopkins and Fairfax H great!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have that- and thankfully for me its "nothing" yet it HURTS ! especially right before my period with the extra fluid retention there. I have had it checked so thats how I know its ok, but even so I have been told to continue to get it checked yearly and when any changes are noted. (which I thank you for posting because you reminded me to call)-- I think the American Breast Cancer association supposedly works with helping to make sure women can get free mammograms- VERY important hoping its ok for you too.
    J.Lily
    J.Lily

Answer by J.Lily at 2:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010