What do you do with your kids' school papers/projects?

I am out of room with all of these papers! I imagine by 12th grade I will be totally overwhelmed and every one of these papers won't be so important! Mine are only in 3rd & 4th grade! What do you all do with these papers???

zetta816

Asked by zetta816 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in

• take photos of the best artwork. Each year have a book made on snapfish of the artwork so you can keep it. The best writing projects are kept in a box with baby things.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• LOL!! IDK!! I think next time I have no kdis around - I am ditching most of them. I am imagining what it will be like when all 3 are in school - UGH!!

No, right now (I only have 1 and she is in Kindergarten), they are in a pile on top of my old refrigerator, but they are starting to fall off. So it's time to throw some away. However, my dd thinks we are supposed to keep everything, so I have to do it when no ones around (the younger ones will tell on me :-) )
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I set them all out for Daddy to see, then after they go to bed, I save the best of the day and chunk the rest in the bottom of the trash so she doesn't know i've tossed them. Just don't leave a corner showing or your'e busted!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 3:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• well I saved all the school papers for the year, at the end of the year I'd go through them all and make a folder for that year, it had to fit in the folder! If it was something really special and I wanted to keep it and it wouldn't fit in the folder, I would keep it IF I could find a place to keep it! This worked for all of my kids all the way through. Of course there are less papers to keep in high school, but you can also put awards, or anything special in the folder. On the outside of the folder I write the child's name and the grade and school year.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 4:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Recycle most of it. They are allowed to keep their favorite art projects and a few papers/tests they did good on. Everything else is either tossed into the recycle bin or into the scratch paper bin for drawing on (which eventually ends up in the recycling). If I were to save everything I would have to have 1 room of the house just for saving papers and it would be filled to the brim after 5 kids get through school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We have a plastic bin for each kid. They can choose their favorites, and I will toss in a few of mine as well. The rest goes in the trash.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My kids only wanted to keep their papers and projects until they bought a new one home then they didn't want the old one anymore so the old work went to the trash. So I didn't have too many papers and projects hanging around for too long. :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2010