Help! I miss my son!!!

So I am extremely high risk. I am 13 weeks as of Thurs. I have to get a cerclage at 16 weeks to keep me from going into premature labor and I am on bed rest. I have a 2.5 year old who is staying with his mawmaw, our next door neighbor, but I can't be on bed rest and chase him all day too. I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place. What would you all do? He's been over there since Friday :( and I miss him!!! I also don't want him to forget how to behave, which he seems to do while he's over there and comes back home. What do I do? I also feel like a bad mom because I'm not caring for him at the moment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Read to him in bed. Kids love that. Watch a movie together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Your not a bad mom. If he will sit still long enough to watch a movie have you neighbor bring him back over and you guys can watch a movie together and color with him. You can still play with him without having to chase him all over the house. You just need to make sure that you take it easy so everything will be ok with the new one that will come soon. Good luck and i hope everything works out!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Can't he come over and have "picnic" lunch in bed with you every day? Can't he come over for nap time with you? Can't he come over and read together for an hour or 2 every day? Mawmaw needs some down time too. I'm sure she'd bring him over. It's just a walk next door.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Awww don't feel bad Momma, he's having fun with his Grandma. Maybe give her a call and have him home at lunch so you can have some undivided attention. Take care of you and your unborn baby, then you can make up the lost time when the baby is here. They both need you to be healthy...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Make a schedule on a big piece of paper that has pictures so he can understand it. Put breakfast, with a plate and draw what he eats on it and draw a house and you can tell him, thats ___ house, where you eat. And then draw a game board and a clock. You can tell him at ____ o'clock, you can come home and it will be game/reading/movie time and we can play tick tac toe, or go fish or watch a movie or whatever you like. Then draw another plate on it with a time next to it and tell him that at ____ o'clock it's lunch time. After that it's back to mawmaw's house. Then plan out the rest of the day on the paper for her(his mawmaw) like that too. It will help to keep him a little more in line and he'll always be looking forward to something. Luck to you!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• wow I would hate to be in your shoes..Do you have any sisters that can come help you? If I was your sister I would help you. God Bless and hang in there.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• have him with youat home but just take it easy dont over exert yourself get a schedule going 8 am breakfast an a movie 12 or 1pm lunch anthen let him play an then tv an then maybe hell fall asleep thenaround 5 or 6 dinner time an then 7 30 bath time anthen another movie an then bed at 8pm should work had my kids on a schedule an works an should help with your bed rest! hope this helps if not what about his grama or father???
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Can you neighbor watch him at your house?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010