How long can a frozen roast be left out?

My Husband set up the crockpot last night for me I put in the roast and turned it on.... Apparently he didnt set it up and left it unplugged... So it sat in the crockpot all night frozen... Is it still good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If it was frozen then it is still good. I have left a roast out to thaw all night before and it was fine. My family does it all the time. If it smells like it is bad then i wouldnt make it but i think it should be fine.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I've left big pieces of meat like that out overnight to thaw. Was it still cold when you found it this morning? Should be fine if it was a big roast and was stil cold or not all the way thawed.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yeah its still semi frozen. The top is kinda soft but the middle is still hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Still fine to use, happy pot roast!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well if it was still frozen when you looked at it , it is good to go.

Answer by louise2 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, give it the sniff test. If it was in the crockpot with the lid on it, it should be fine.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i did the same thing except our roast sat in the microwave all nite. we ate it it was fine
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2010