I want to know if it is safe to take Paxil and Tramadol?

I am having alot of lower back pain. Please advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• That's something only your Dr. or Pharmacy can answer for you Hon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Not together. I checked my husbands medical drug book. They could have a reaction if used together. Just take one or the other. Tramadol is a great with getting rid of pain but it can put you to sleep so it might be better to take it either when the kids are taking a nap or just take half of the dose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yeah tramadol really messed me up, i didn't finish my script. i purposely asked for non-narcotic and got tramadol, then i went back and asked for something with narcotics bc narcotics didn't mess me up like those little pills did.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I've taken both at the same time--well, prescribed at the same time. Tramadol has an ingredient in it that has the same molecular structure as an SSRI.
    Anonymous