What do some people still have lights up in their houses?

Here we are Jan. 11, 2010 and I still notice people with their lites still up and on, on their houses. Why? even though it does look nice. I just love the X-mas spirit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• We leave ours up till it is warmer out and can to to it. With it below zero and man 20+" of snow it gets hard to take it down. We do how ever don't turn them on any more. But around here it is common for people to leave them up till it is warmer out.
    Anonymous

• we just took ours down over the weekend. we live out of state from the rest of our family, so we returned to be with them for almost a month over the holidays. we put our decorations up before we left, and then enjoyed them for a week when we returned. so that is why we personally still had our lights up... we wanted toenjoy the season in our own home as well :)
    Anonymous

• All King's Day, the Ukranian Xmas, and also people are afraid to go up and down ladders to take them off. So I have a neighbor that will put her xmas lights on at night instead of her front porch light.
    Anonymous

• Anon i understand the waiting untill it is warmer and there is not so much snow. That would be a dangerous process of taking them down in weather like that. In my family some times we have stuff still up all the way into feb. Because we can never get the family togeather around christmas. And we do a seceret santa with the family so we have to have the tree up then. So who evers house it is at that year has to keep their tree up untill we all get togeather lol.
    Anonymous

• I still have my tree up, but only because I am lazy and I haven't gotten to it yet.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• up here we're painting the town red. supporting Team Canada for the olympics - leave the red and white lights up through the olympics.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I KNOW RIGHT!!! My neighbors still have theirs up and they turn them on at night. One night we went out to dinner and my 4 yr old son saw the lights (plus it had snowed that day) and he asked me if it was still christmas!
    Anonymous

• I live in the NE and it's way to cold lately to even begin to think about taking them down but I don't bother plugging them in anymore.
    Anonymous

• We still have ours up which is unusual. We usually get ours done the day after New years. My husband really wants to get our house on video and one of the stands on the house went bad so he wants to fix it and then record it. I honestly don't see it happening though.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well... it is sub zero's here with a foot + of snow on the ground. NO, we will not be taking lights down until the weather breaks.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2010