If you were driving drunk and hit someone, would you stop?

A man last week hit a pregnant woman going 50 mph. He left the scene but witnesses got his license plate number. Unfortunately she passed away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I personally, do not drink. I have no sympathy for those that do and get behind a wheel. I am SO disgusted that people continue to drink and drive. A person knows whether they will be drinking on an occasion and with that knowledge they should make plans to get home, be it a friend, taxi or walk. I have known people who have been killed by drunk drivers, and the killers excuse that they are alcoholics or didn't 'intend' to get behind the wheel makes me sick! I feel that all vehicles need a breath alcohol device installed. Some may think that goes against our freedoms. What about the murdered persons freedom to live and raise their family. To see their children grow, get married and raise a family.
    MissouriMomm239

Answer by MissouriMomm239 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i wouldnt drive drunk... but if i ever hit someone i would definitely stop!
    Anonymous

• They are not in the same mind set as if they were not drunk. So they may have not really know what happen or even panic and took off. I don't know what I would do because I do not get drunk and have others drive if I have a drink.
    Anonymous

• If I was drunk enough to hit someone then I would be to drunk to stop. I dont understand why people drink and drive...A taxi ride cost a whole lot less then a DUI.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes I would stop and I wouldn't b drinking and driving in the first place. I would not be able to live with myself if that were to happen...so sad on what happened. God bless her and her baby.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My Father was killed by a drunk driver. I don't drink and drive.
    Anonymous

• I dont drive after I drink, so its a non-situation for me.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt drive drunk. But if i hit someone i would stop. I hit a man before he was running from the cops and jumped out in front of my car. I didnt get in trouble for it but i would drive super slow for a while after that happened when there were a bunch of cars parked where i was driving and if i couldnt see past them to see if there was someone there.
    Anonymous

• That is terrible and I am sure the drunk driver will pay dearly for his irresponsibility specially because they were witnesses who came forward. Either way the mom and that child are gone, very sad indeed.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My husband lost his 26 yr old son on new years eve this year,his friend had been drinking and he overcorrected and the car went off road and into a tree,it threw him out the back window. His body was so mangled they had to cremate him. His friend that was driving the car refused a blood alcohol test at the hospital. I hate alcohol,hate what it does to people,and hate the fact that people lose loved ones and friends over it. We need to make a device in all cars old and new to smell alcohol or something I'm so mad and fed up with people that do hit and runs. If your gonna drinkl and drive you should get sent to jail for attempted murder!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010