4 month old doesnt want to drink her bottle!

My 4 month old dd all of a sudden wont eat. Shell start out drinking and after an oz or so shell start screaming. What do you guys think could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a different flow nipple or a different style bottle? Also, my second didn't like the taste of the formula I started giving her when I weaned her at 6 months. But the next one I tried she liked just fine. Also, some babies prefer the tempurature to be warm instead of room temp. Hope this helps and good luck. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sounds like she might be teething. Mine did the same thing when her first few teeth came in...the nipple against the tender gums can hurt. Try a faster flow nipple so she doesn't have to suck as hard.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• try puttin her formula in a sippy cup. or try warmimg it up or cooling it down depending on how you put it. also she may be gettin a belly ache bc of the formula, i had to switch my daughter to sensitive
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had to change my son's nipple around that age. His was way to slow for him he got tired of sucking it out becouse it came out way to slow. He was doing the same would drink and ouce then stop.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• There are so many different issues that can be affecting her eating. maybe try the next stage of nipple size. maybe she is not getting enough quick enough through the tiny new born nipple? also, how is your childs posture while eating from the bottle? does she seem relaxed? are her shoulders back? I only ask this because my daughter had the same problem with eating and it turns out she was aspirating her formula into her lungs.. Im not trying to freak you out.. but just watch her if changing nipples or bottles does not work
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 11:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010