Formula trouble help!

Okay at the hospital my baby was put on soy cause Im lactose intolerant... He never got to try regular formula as a precaution I guess. Well he has a stuffy nose and the doc thinks it may be the formula. He changed the formula to prosobee... Completely lactose free formula and my baby refuses to eat it... What do I do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What you might need to do because it is new try mixing half and half of each formula in the bottle. If he eats it this way then slowly keep adding more of the new formula and less of the old one untill it is just the one. Some babies have trouble switching to something new. This is what i had to do with my son.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i also am lactosentolerant and my daughter is doing beautifully on Similac Sensitive
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• a gradual change is recommended... mix half old formula with the new stuff... if that doesnt work try similac isomil.. my daughter was on it and loved it! also seems strange to me that just because you are lactose inolerant that they would so nicely assume your child is.. thats like saying if the mother has diabetes dont ever give the child sugar... that is just my opinion though..
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 11:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010