babyshower questions

I am pregnant with baby number 2. i didn't have a shower with the first but i want to with this one since i really don't have anything left over and this is going to be my last baby i am going to get my tubes tied. i have people that want to help with my shower but not a host yet. my question the one that host the shower do they pay for everything,snacks,drinks,cake, stuff for games and the prizes for them? could i have someone be in charge of a one certain thing? should i buy any of this myself?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I have done showers with my friends. We all share in the price. but the mother to be has nothing to do with it other then come to it and enjoy. She is also not included in the planning.
    Anonymous

• why not included in the planning? i would like to help plan not meaning anything other than being helpful.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Because I feel that it is just not right to have the mother to be there. I loved that I had no clue what was going on at my shower and so much fun with the other guest. My other friends that we have done that for also enjoyed it too. They had nothing to worry about and got to have fun with the games too.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what the protocol is but for my baby shower, I got somebody volunteering to do it for me but I am such a perfectionist that I did everything myself. Nothing anybody would have done would have pleased me so I took charge and I did everything from invitation,s to party flavors, I mean the whole enchilada and it came out just the way I wanted it. I paid for everything too. I felt that it would be tacky to throw my self a baby shower so I created the illusion that somebody else did everything. She volunteered, I took on the offer but I did it my way.

The host didn't get her feelings hurt because she understood that I was going to have only one child and I wanted everything to be perfect, so in my mind it would only be perfect if I took control of the whole thing. Not that I have issues or anything LOL

My point is: Do what you want to do, is your baby, is your shower.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Wow - I was just so happy to have such good friends to be willing to throw me a shower that I didn't care if it was EXACTLY the way I would have done things. I just enjoyed the attention and the fact that they put so much work into it. It would be tacky to throw yourself a baby shower, just as tacky as it it to do it all yourself and make everyone else think that someone else did it.
    Anonymous

• Usually the host is in charge of food, cake, drinks, games etc....but it's always great to have friends and family help out if it's ok with the host. Some people would rather do everything on their own. My aunt is throwing my shower next month and she prefers to take care of most things herself but doesn't mind a little help. I actually payed for my own invitations and sent them out to help her a little and one of my friends is going to her house to help her set up the day of the shower.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010