Oh, I'm so embarrassed... Typo from HELL!

Ugh... I am looking for my first job out of college, and since not much is hiring I am simply sending my resume around to a lot of places, hoping for a bite. Well, I sent an email last week to a business, asking if they'd receive my resume and keep it on file. It is a business I'd really, really love to work at, and I was really hoping they'd accept my resume. Well, I got the reply back today, and they ARE willing to accept it, but upon reading the reply I saw that, in the email I originally sent, I had a horrible, glaring typo that I don't know whether I should address or not. The FIRST line of the email read, "Hell, Mr _____." Instead of HELLO, obviously. Ugh. So, do I address this when I reply back, or do I just leave it alone? I am applying for administration jobs, so I don't want them to think I'm an absolute moron who can't read or type. But I don't want to sound neurotic, either. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just let it be, and learn from your mistake.
    There are lots of great tips and resources in the Job Hunting Moms group here on CafeMom.
    I do career and job search coaching; if you would like me to review your resume or help you with cover letters, interview prep, etc., I don’t charge CafeMoms for my services. Contact me directly, anytime.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would just leave it alone. Maybe they didn't notice either, and you saying somehting would just bring attention to it. Good luck with the job search!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• haha, speaking of typos....I've got one in my original reply. Oops!
    mama2br00ke

• Oh I have had embarrassing typo's twice. One was in my resume I sent to various places and the other was in an e-mail once when someone recommended me. Needless to say I didn't get any of the jobs. So its up to you if you want to address it or not. He probably noticed you misspelled it and over looked it since he did reply back and wasn't offended.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Lol. I would just leave it alone. If the thought you were stupid then they wouldn't have accepted you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I say leave it and learn from it..never hit send before you proof read. Spell check isn't enough. You can misspell a word...and still have it be a correct word, so SC won't pick it up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OP - GrnEyedGrandma, I DID proof-read! Lol. I just missed it somehow, and I don't know how. I read that letter over and over again before I sent it! I must have just had my mind somewhere other than the introduction!
    Anonymous

• Most people skip over greetings and signatures when proof reading. A bad habit, but totally understandable. Leave alone, and if you hit reply delete all the old stuff in the new message rather than sending them another copy.
    Anonymous

• OMG at first I thought that was funny, but yikes! Yeah, I would leave it alone too, they will either overlook it or they won't at this point, explaining it will just make you seem like you are groveling or pathetic or something...everyone makes typos, I'm sure even the person who reviewed your resume has made a few her/himself...it's forgiveable!
    Anonymous

• nah... leave it alone.

you can address it and lol at it after you are hired.
    Anonymous