What do you consider as natural child birth?

I feel there is a discrepancy here. I feel natural child birth is no drugs others I feel think that it means 'not a C-section'... Which I would call vaginally... I dunno what do you think?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• All births are natural...whether or not they are assisted is different. So for me it is either an unassisted birth or an assisted birth.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• vaginal, no meds.
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it usually means not using any drugs
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• vaginal and no meds
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• going into labor naturally(no meds or water being broke) having baby vaginal wtih no help from Dr(like forceps, cutting or vaccum)
    Anonymous

• no induction no pain meds no epidural no spinal no section
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• no induction, no unnecessary interventions (like an IV), no meds (including IV and or spinal), no assist (forceps, vacuum, etc), def not a major surgery.... having a c-section by definition is not giving birth, it is a MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY. given that it still results in the "birth" of a child. my greatest fear was of a quack Dr hell bent on performing a c-sec because of my abnormally long labors (which all resulted in happy, healthy pink babies who did not need any assist in adjusting to the outside world. but would have been considered "medically necessary" c-sections because I labored over 36 hours).

NCB means no interventions
    you can still have a Vaginal birth and be medicated, confined to a bed, etc. and it is in no way "natural". c-sec is simply an operation.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think it's no drugs, to induce or relieve pain, and born vaginally. I think forceps and vacuums are okay, well, not for me, but I would still consider that a natural birth. If you are medicated, you had a vaginal birth.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• The only quack I see is the one saying that c-section is not giving birth. A c-section saved our lives, so I definitely resent uppity b*tches like you that have the nerve to say I didn't give birth. I almost died having my baby.
    Anonymous

• It means there is nothing getting in the way of you having a good drug free delivery. You get all the pain and nothing clouds the focus of enjoying your baby once he/she has arrived.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010