Old feelings

I am happily married but an old bf that i have never forgotten about and have had feelings for came back into my life. And wants me back. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• The feelings are probably coming from being flattered, anyone would be flattered if thier ex wanted to break up your marriage because they desperatly wanted you back. But you love your husband the feelings will go away. But that's was it is flattery.Don't let it get to you.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Do you love your husband?!!
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• And yes i love my husband but i cant shake these feelings.
    Anonymous

• if you love your husband, honestly, talk to him. tell him about this other man and your feelings.. if your love is strong and if he is a good husband you will get past this. there will be many obsticles trying to destroy your marriage. its your choice if you let it or not. good luck, mommi
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It is pretty disrespectful of your ex to come into your life & ask you to come back to him, WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED! How can he expect you to do such a thing?

Listen, sometimes we just have to shove those feelings aside & do the right thing. I had a "guy friend" that i had strong feelings for & the feeling was mututal. He lived 2,000 miles away though, & we just could never be together for many reasons. When i decided to be with the man i am with now, i had to let this other fellow go in every way. I even told him strait up that i cannot talk to him or see him ever again. Yes, this was really painful. But out of respect for the man i decided to marry...it was something i had to do. I hurt him really bad. He did not understand why i was breaking the friendship. but i had to do it. I did not want any man lingering around my emotions & possibly pop up in the future. Do the right thing here. Take responsibility.
    Anonymous

• If you shake him first, the feelings will subside. Be the stronger person & ask him to leave you & your happy marriage alone. He should not be bothering you when you are already married, very rude. A man with dignity & respect would leave a happily married woman alone.

It may hurt to tell him to go away, but with time it will help your feelings for him go away, if you tell him to go away.
    Anonymous

• Just imagine if it was your husband who was going through this. What if an ex popped into his life & it was hard for him to shake the feelings he had for her?

Anon 1:17 is right...take responsibility. If you were ever in doubt about your DH, you should not have married him. But you did, so be responsible here.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• DO NOT tell your husband OMG what man can handle that sort of thing? Men are insecure babies! Sometimes we romanticize people from our past...what were the reasons you left him in the first place? There are reasons people from ourt past ARE IN OUR PAST. You said you have a happy marriage, be grateful for that and do the right thing.
    Anonymous

• This is a test for your marriage. Are you going to pass or fail?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You say it been a long time you know your husband you don't know this ex bf well if you were to leave you dh for your ex then one day it will happen to you the ex won't trust you and leave you and right now I think you need to be happy with the time you had with your ex but it is his loss not your
    your ex bf has no respect for you if you told him you are happly married then why in the hell does he want to come in between you and your husband and your happiness And if you didn't tell him that your happy with your husband Then shame on you. your giveing this guy the wrong inpression.
    You need to teel the ex the the time you had with him is the past and that the future you want is with your husband.
    You took a vows does that mean any thing to you?
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 1:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010