Do you eat when you get depressed?

Do you eat when you get depressed? I do, and latly i've been depressed over a funeral going on and a few other outside things, not my family or anything just other stuff going on.

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes I do. I am a emotional eater and it makes it so hard to loss weight.
    Anonymous

• Yes, usually chocolate muffins are some kind of chip.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry for your pain...no, I cant eat when I'm upset...I think it's healthier to be like you. I get very weak and dizzy not eating.
    Anonymous

• I am the opposite. I don't eat.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I eat when I'm bored or upset, but when I was clinically depressed I lost every bit of my appetite and had to force myself to eat.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yes. im an emotional eater. i was taught as a child that food can make all the bad feelings go away...

im sorry things arent going well in your world, i hope you feel better soon!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No, I don't. Last time I was depressed, I lost 15 lbs in less than 3 weeks!!! Not such a great way to lose weight. I then started eating but was eating healthy and lost another 13 lbs, I was looking great and feeling great and then stupid me went to McD's at that was the end of the weight loss. I will be starting over next week!!! NO soda and NO fast food for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Sometimes I do, but more often when depressed I am more likely to abstain from eating.
    Anonymous

• No,I drink beer when I get depressed
    Anonymous

• Hello, My name is cassie and I seemed to be depressed all the time and all I do is eat I have been wanting to go to something that could help me I am starting to think I am an emotional eater. If I find out anything I will let you know
    fire4Christ

Answer by fire4Christ at 9:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2010