Easiest formula for a baby to take?

My son (9 months old) has been breast fed until today. I'm pregnant and my milk has completely dried up. What is the cheapest and best formula that he will take after only ever having had the breast? Which one will taste the best and is he more likely to accept?

Punkrawkpookie

Asked by Punkrawkpookie at 2:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call around your area for prices. My kids drank Carnation Good Start. It is great and cheaper than others I found. You might ask your pediatrician if he should go on regular or soy milk. Good luck and congratulations on the new baby to come.
    Anonymous

• My daughter after breastfeeding would only take nestle goodstart.
    the others madeher stomach hurt or she wouldnt even try them. She took on to nestle right away. It is easier on their tummys.
    We use the orange can
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My 10 monthold and breastfed and I give him formula when I leave him with a sitter. The only one he will take is emfamil lipil
    Anonymous

• You may have to try several. My dd did well on Similac, the regular kind. My son puked up everything but Carnation Good Start.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My son was breastfed until my milk ran out. Then he had to be on Similac Isomil Soy. The regular formula had too much iron and un-needed stuff for his tummy to handle after being on my breat milk. Breat milk is the best thing your baby could ever have. But when your milk runs out or there are other reasons you chose not to nurse... you just gotta try around and find what your baby will take to easiest
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Mine started on Enfamil and then we switched to the generic Target brand. According to our ped. the generic brand sold at Walgreen's, Target, wal-mart, is all the same company and used to be a name brand formula but then became generic. She handles that better than Similac. She refused Similac.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Do you have a freezer supply? The best thing to do would be mix it, if you can. If not, don't worry. I would discuss your situation with your pediatrician, especially if your baby is on a lot of solids. My milk dried up when I got pregnant, too. Lucky for me, it waited until I was late in the second trimester, though, and my daughter was 14 months old.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It's going to depend on YOUR BABY. Ask ten moms and you'll get ten answers.Taste buds are what's individual and nobody can predict what someone else will like. Go ask your ped for samples.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010