1 yr old drinking Orange Juice

My Son is 12 months old. He's never really been a juice fan. He will drink a little apple or white grape juice but doesnt care too much for it. I've tried mixed fruits, berry. Almost ALL the juicy juice brands (thats what WIC gives him) and he didnt care for them but he LOVES orange juice. But is the acid in orange juice bad for him?

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 2:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ask your pediatrician about it. I wold water down the juice as it has a lot of sugar (baby's teeth) you need to watch it. Maybe mix the other juice in with the OJ as well. Kids acquire the taste for different foods at different times. Do not push it, he will come around.
    Anonymous

• I would water it down. The acid is pretty harsh on their little systems. Shoot, it's pretty harsh on mine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yea i forgot to mention that I do half and half OJ and nursery water
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my dd loves orange juice too! lol we get the gallon size orange juice that is as thin as water, and i watered that down at first..but it never bothered her, i was worried it would hurt her when she peed or pooped but it didnt..just water it down at first, and gradually put less and less water.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My 14 month old loves orange juice. He doesn't get juice but about once/week anyway and I water it down 50/50 with water, but he likes it as well as he likes apple or grape.

Answer by missanc at 3:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• When you water down juice, you are just giving your child sugar water. Skip the juice, or use it as an occasional treat; give your child water to drink.
    Orange juice is great in sweet potato pudding, smoothies, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010