I need the BEST morning sickness tips to last all day!

The more the better, Keep'em coming ladies!Thanks!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eating saltine crackers worked best for me. I felt like throwing up all day. They help soak up the yucky acid or something.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Suck on lemon drops
    Anonymous

• crackers & 7 up. but it rarely helped. i just vomitted when i had to and had some crackers immediately afterwards. i had morning sickness throughout my entire first pregnancy, and well into 7 months with my second. just don't overload yourself with food. they can get heavy while you vomit them up if you know what i mean. =P i just ate smaller meals spaced out throughout the day so if i did vomit, the next meal wouldn't be far away. i wish i had better advice to deal with the actual puking, but i just learned how to cope with it better because i couldn't figure out how to stop it.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Crackers, apples are both great.

I found this on WebMd

By following a few proven guidelines, you are likely to gain significant relief from nausea and vomiting. Home treatment measures for morning sickness include:

* Changing what, when, and how much you eat.
    * Taking ginger, vitamin B6, or vitamin B12, which are known to reduce nausea and/or vomiting during pregnancy.
    * Avoiding foods and smells that make you feel sick.
    * Trying acupressure, which seems to work for some women.
    * Taking doxylamine with vitamin B6, which you can buy without a prescription. Talk to your doctor before taking this remedy.

If you have severe, persistent nausea and vomiting, see your doctor or nurse-midwife immediately. This uncommon complication of pregnancy can lead to dehydration and malnutrition, sometimes requiring prescribed medicine or hospitalization.
    Anonymous

• i ate frozen fruit..yeah..like frozen strawberries & peaches. It was bland, cold & gave my stomach something to do except feel icky.
    Anonymous

• I heard crackers in the morning, keeping food in you're stomach, ginger tea, vitamin B6.... I however was still puking everything up. They gave me anti neasua meds which seemed to make it worse! I was so sick you could literally see all my bones through my skin!!! It ended for me (LUCKILY) at 3 mos... the first ultrasound actually. I lost 13 lbs the first 3 mos and barely gained 20 after that but my baby was a healthy 6lb 4oz little girl! I couldn't stop the puking at all! I'd eat, smell something that just made me puke. It sux but whether you eat or not, the baby WILL get nutrition, even if it's eatingyou!
    Anonymous

• Pickle juice. I had a little old lady tell me this when I was pregnant with my twins. Of course I didnt believe her. A couple days later I tried it....and it worked. I would drink a tablespoon or so everytime I felt sick to my stomach.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 2:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• seasick bands
    ginger tea
    ginger chews
    chamomile tea
    peppermint tea
    licorice tea

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I doubt this is an option for you but I noticed when I was getting up to go to work at like 8 in the morning compared to when I would sleep in I was sick a lot less. It seems like the later I get up in the day the less I vomited. I got really sick and ended up leaving my job and since I don't have to get up early I don't get sick. On days when I do wake up early I still get nauseous and nothing helps. The stomach acid just burns.
    TLDuck

Answer by TLDuck at 5:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2010