how can i get my daughter to sleep up in her own room

my daughtere was in my room from the time she came home from the hospital because her room was gutted. her room wasn't ready for her until she was 4. she is gonna be 7 in april but whenever i put her in the room she comes down after a few hours saying she had a bad dream. her father would bring her down now he doesnt even bother with it. he just lets her. i don't know what else to do i put things in there that she has picked out i got new bedding,tv nintendo 64. she will play up there all day but at night it changes.i even leav e the hall light on she gets upset and starts to cry when i try to talk to her about sleeping in her own room. if anyone can help i'm open for suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't make it a discussion. It's not a thing that is up to her. This is her room and she sleeps there. Your husband needs to back you on this too. At night, just tell her to get ready for bed, no discussing it beforehand, and when she's ready, make sure the whole normal routine is followed and then walk her to her room. Make sure she is tucked in. If she protests, explain to her that this is where she sleeps and calmly say that there will be no more about it. Tell her a quick goodnight with a hug/kiss and leave. Be quick, be calm and most certainly be patient. It may take a bit for her to get used to it. Good luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Get her a night light, a baby monitor. Let her know you can hear everything going on in her room. Let her know that if she needs you, she can call for you. A night light (very dim) may help as well. Good luck. My son was afraid of the dark for a long time. She will grow out of it.
    Anonymous

• just keep putting her back into her room , let her know thats where she sleeps. follow a bed time routine bath, book, bed & hugs. Allow her to cry it out. I know that s hard, but you have to shes & its time four her to sleep in her room.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Good luck and let me know what you find out!!! Same battle here, she falls asleep in there every night, but comes in our room around 12, then #2 wakes up and I go in there with her. Around and around we go!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 2:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010