Anyone have a baby who turned into a terror at 10 mos?

My baby (who I love dearly) is sort of a terror at 10 mos. She has learned how to throw tantrums and does this 20 times a day! She refuses to be fed (she wants to put the food in her mouth herself) but then gets hungry and angry about it! She still smiles and laughs and plays but sometimes she is just out of control. Is this normal behavior for a 10 mos old?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 2:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Son is currently 12 months old but started stuff like you mentioned early too. Everyone tells me he just entered his "terrible 2s" really early. But when children do it this young its hard to punish them b/c sometimes they just dont understand whats going on. I have started popping his hand or leg when i've told him over and over not to do something and sometimes I have to pick him up and go put him in his crib and let him cry it out when he does horrible fits. I show the fits no attention and just leave him alone in his crib. b/c thats what I think he wants, attention from it.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• It is normal. The baby is exploring, it will get better. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• she can't talk so yes if she mad or upset she'll throw a tantrum.. be patient shes a baby. Just find a safe place & when shes throws a fit put her there & pay no attention it .. allow her to get up when shes calmed down. Also allow her to feed herself.
    here is web site that may help
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-10-month-olds-development-week-1_1477306.bc
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my son is 12 months and he does the same thing he is getting better but when he was 12 months old he would always fallow me around and say mama and throw himself on the ground when I would tell him no and come up and hit u and lauph so yeah I suppose it is normal I mean my son is getting better just hang in there mama just need a little patients thats all : )
    chrystal389

Answer by chrystal389 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I mean when he was 10 months old he is 13 months now lol
    chrystal389

Answer by chrystal389 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010