at what age is it save to stop giving my baby formula

babys is 11 months ans born i month early..

bayleesmum

Asked by bayleesmum at 2:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They say once they are 1yr old and then you switch to whole milk.
    Anonymous

• 12 months (1yr)
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my doc said at 12 months you can start giving baby whole fat milk. maybe 13 mos because your baby was a month early? i'd consult your pediatrician before you make any diet changes though.
    Anonymous

• One (1) year old. Or ask your pediatrician.
    Anonymous

• oh and it does not matter if they were born a month early. It goes by there age unless they are really early and Dr has concerns. If you have concerns talk to you Dr at the 12 month well check up and see what they think.
    Anonymous

• They say a year, but my dd refused formula at 11 mos so I started replacing 2% milk for one oz of formula. I would go 3 days then replace another ounce until it was full milk and she did fine... But if your baby is taking the formula, I wouldn't stop!
    Anonymous

• I started transitioning my son to 2% milk the last wk of him being 10 months he was basically on whole milk at 11 months and is now a year and doing great on whole milk. If you have tried it and your lil one seems fine I'd continue it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My daughter was born a month and a half early.. she did not come off of formula until AFTER she was one years old. The problem with prematurity is the baby system was not fully developed when they were born, therefore they have to play "catch up". the advice I would give you is to have this talk with your doctor. not only was your child early, but every child digests food and drink at a different rate. :) hope this helps
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I bought my last can of formula about 2 weeks before my son turned 1. Then went to regular whole milk. Didn't hurt him!
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 11:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• my daughter started getting whole milk in her formula bottle at 11 months and then just stright whole milk at 12 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2010