fever and nothing else?

my 2 year old recently had 2 episodes where she had a fever for 1 day and the next morning she was fine. No other symptoms, no nothing. I didn't think anything of it the first time and just thanked God that nothing else happened. But then it happened again. Weird! What could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• probably just fighting off a bug. treat it with tylenol or motrin and take her to your doc if you have any serious concerns.
    Anonymous

• is she teething ? it may b that .... or mayb an ear infection just keep an eye on her if she seems fine dont worry bout it just dont let it get to high and next appt. u have with the doc tell them about it just so they know
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had the same problem, and i waited about three days before i took him to the doctor, and it turned out to be strep throat.....the doc said that ANY TIME your child has a fever, IT MEANS SOMETHING..I got a lecture from him for about ten minutes, that was 30 years ago and i can still hear his words....so that's why i am passing them on to you. Have your child checked, he may be getting an ear infection, a throat infection, but a fever is a sign that something is going on.
    DONNAMSIOUX

Answer by DONNAMSIOUX at 2:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well, my doc doesn't recommend coming in for a fever until it's lasted more than 2 days. There are lots of little toddler bugs going around out there... If it happens repeatedly, though, it would be worth calling your nurse or doctor and seeing if they want to see him.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My daughter had a 102-103 fever for 3 days...took her to the doctor thinking it was a UTI because there were no other symptoms...no UTI, nothing came up in the urine test and the fever went away on its own with no other symptoms. I thought it was strange too.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010