baby food stage 3?

I was just wondering if any other mom's have had this problem. I have a almost 9 month old son. He loves his baby food always has just loves it. Its hard to get him to take a bottle sometimes becouse he wants his baby food. I was just wondering have any of you had a problem with the stage 3 baby foods? I can get him to eat some of it but he wants the soomth stage 2 over it. He dont have a problem eating them with the chunks he just seems to like the stage 2 better. Has anyone else had a baby not like the stage 3 taste? or texture?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine still loves stage 2. He's 10 months, he did not like stage 3 he would rather eat what we are eating.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have and honestly I wouldn't mess with the stage 3 9 months is pretty young for stage 3 anyway, but you can puree your own food and give it to him! Good luck mom!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• He could just not be ready for the chunker(texture) stuff and perferes the smother texture.
    Anonymous

• at nine months you really dont need to give him a bottle all that offten. by 9 months my daughter was on the greber graduates, never even touched stage 3. but there was a time where shes was teething and didnt wanna chew so she would eat stage 2 and nothing else. does he have teeth already?
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• He has the 2 bottom front teeth all the way in, He just got the 4 upper top ones in the front all at the same time but they are through now and he ate stage 2 fine while they were all coming in. The gerber stage 3 baby food says its for a crawler stage so I dont see how he is too young for it. He chews it fine but he just wont eat enough to fill him up i have to give him other stuff instead he only eats just a small amount at a time he just dont want it after that wants the smooth stuff. His doctor says as long as he gets about 12 oz a day of formula its fine so I am not worried about the bottle.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• We never used stage 3 - we just went straight to mashing regular table foods, which he liked!

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would say if your babe likes the stage two and it is enough for them, let them keep eating the stage two. maybe it appears the babe does fine with stage three, but maybe the chunks are not being fully chewd, and it hurts when your babe swallows the stage three food! as far as the bottle problem, he wil drink when he is thrirsty. give him the stage two food, then prepare a bottle when he is done eating and then let him drink at his will.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2010