How thin is the line between sexy and slutty?

I don't even aim for dressing sexy because I'm afraid of looking slutty. What do you feel are the general guidelines on this? Some say that as long as the appropriate parts are covered up, then it's not slutty. I guess it also depends on how the person carries themself. I was just curious about other opinions on this.

PS: In case you're wondering, I'm not interesting in looking slutty or wearing something that could be considered as such lol. Just asking out of pure curiosity.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 2:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sexy belongs in the bedroom only. Slutty is when you take it out of the bedroom. The look is the same. It's the location that changes it from one to the other. So, there is no line, unless you count the threshold of the bedroom door as a line.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i think the line is pretty thick. skirts/shorts that are short enough that i can see what kind of panties your wearing, shirts that reveal enough cleavage that you could easily stick a credit card through the slot, too much skin basically. if you're going to show one part, cover the rest.
    Anonymous

• When you see butt cracks, nipples, etc, that is slutty. LOL!
    Anonymous

• You kind-of answered your own question. The way a person presents themselves makes all the difference in the world. If it walks like a slut and talks like a slut it's probably a slut.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 2:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• it really all depnds. to me anythin that is revealing is slutty. if i can tell if you are wearing undies or not slutty. if i can see your areolas slutty! if i can see the tattoo above your ass,slutty! im more of a concervative person. there is nouthing wrong with slight cleavage but again dont over due it.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think that cleavage, sexy, boobs hanging out slutty! No bare boobies, bellies or butt cracks---slutty! Also if your thong is hanging out the back, slutty, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Hmm tough question!  I would have to say it is has a lot to do with the clothes and everything to do with the attitude. 

There is nothing wrong with showing some cleavage, or a little tummy or a lot of leg (especially if you have the figure to carry it off), but not all at once.  Clothes should emphasize your best features and hide your flaws, not put everything on display.

Attitude is everything because "sexy" is confidence and "slutty" is insecurity.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I think the difference between sexy and slutty is 1) leaving some things to the imagination, and 2) how a woman carries herself.

IMO Two different women can wear damn near the same outfit and one might look like a sex kitten and the other one looks like a cum dumpster. It just depends.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 3:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I was just going to say the same thing Baismom said!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• These are all really interesting points of view! I agree with all of you! Lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010