ouch :(

I was cleaning with some yellow long cleaning gloves it said they were rubber but also apparently latex...well my hands started to hurt after about 2 hours of having them on, so I took them off and my fingers have rashes all at the bottom part of them..it was on both hands (more on one hand then the other) the other hand the rash is gone..but the other is persisting its all dry red and gross looking..im guessing im allergic to latex?? what can I do for it..how long until it goes away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• My Mom is allergic to latex also...she has excema..I don't know if one is related to the other. I would soak in a tub and wash really really well, which I'm sure you've probably already done, but then put aloe vera or vitamin e oil all over your hands and get those white cotton gloves they have at most drug stores and put them on...poor thing!
    Anonymous

• Try taking a Benedryl if you have any. It will help with the reaction.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Stop using toxic cleaners; then you won't need the gloves.

This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010