Has anyone else had this type of excruciating pain during pregnancy? I can't take it anymore!!!

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am having twins. Obviously, twin pregnancy is much different than carrying a single baby but ... OMG ... how can I be in this much pain already?! Btw, I am 16 weeks and this has been going on for 3 or 4 weeks now--

I am having serious pain in my pubic bone, my hips, and my butt/thigh areas. Literally, EVERYTHING I do causes pain -- standing, sitting, walking up steps, bending over, just walking across the floor causes horrible pain in my left hip, thigh and butt.

It is so bad that I was literally in tears in the shower last night because just trying to lift my leg to wash "down there" was too much to handle. I literally have to go up the stairs on all fours because it hurts too much to lift my leg normally! And sometimes when I shift positions in bed it feels like someone is trying to rip my leg off!

My doctor has no advice for me and keeps saying it's normal... (cont.)

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had something like that with my second pregnancy. I was seeing a chiroprator. It was my muscels tighting up. he tryed to do some muscle theropy and we found out I need to get massages through out the rest of the pregnancy. My muslces would tighten up and It was awful to move, walk, just plan anything I did. I hope you feel better soon and can get it taken care of.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• but I can't take it anymore! I am starting to get really depressed at the thought of having to deal with this for 4 or 5 more months! I feel like I can't do ANYTHING anymore without being in constant pain. Just grocery shopping is too much - - I have to keep stopping and leaning over the cart just to take some pressure off the pubic bone and get a LITTLE bit of relief.

I am just wondering if anyone out there has had pain like this during pregnancy... and if so, how did you deal with it? I am going crazy!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• By the way, it makes it even harder to deal with that I have a 2 and 4 yr old to take care of ... I feel like I am burdening my fiance because I need him here with me pretty much all the time... I almost cringe at the thought of even having to walk up the stairs to put my 2 yr old down for his nap... or walk outside to get my son off the bus. It's pathetic! I just don't know what to do!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2010