Potty training, check...now what?

So DS is fully daytime potty trained...yay He will be 2 this week!!! However, when do I start nightima training, I hear when he consistantly wakes up with a dry diaper, is taht true? How long after daytime training does that usually happen?

Also, when you go out do you bring a portable potty with you and /or cover the car seat just in case? Do you use the public restroom, I don't even use it for myself? What if you are driving, do you pull over right away? I know these might sound trivial but DH thinks he should still wear a diaper when we go out for a few hours and I think if he is fully trained that it will confuse him...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• When we go out I take a change of pants, underwear, and socks for my DD. And a towel for the car seat. Yes you have to use the public restroom when you're out, its unrealistic to expect a 2 year old to wait until you get home if you are going to be out for a few hours.
    Anonymous

• Oh no I wouldn't make him wait but I was thinking of getting those seats that you bring with you and they open up instead of the public potty I figured it might be better/ cleaner?
    Anonymous

• Once I started training my son, the only way he was successful is if he never had on a diaper or pull-up again. We went from diapers to underwear. We just took changes of clothes and took him to the bathroom every thirty minues at first. But, He was good at telling us he had to go. We also asked him every little bit at first. LOL Can't be too careful. Yes, he had accidents at night and away, but, he had less than when he was wearing the diaper.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yay! Such a milestone. Before I run errands, I make sure I pack extra clothes and take my kids potty before we leave the house. I ask constantly at the store.."you gotta pee pee?

For nighttime: No drinks close to bed time. I tell my son right before bedtime to "Tell your (weiner) to wake up when he has to pee pee, ok?" I know its silly but guys never grow out of talking to thier privates!! lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2010