does anyone know how to make a delecious chicken and rice meal?

I was asked to do that ,but I need ideas to what to add to it. What seasonings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have a few.

Chicken & Yellow Rice: diced boneless chicken breast, a package of vigo yellow rice dinner. Either boil or pan fry the chicken while making the rice as directed on the back of the package in a separate pot. You can either add the cooked chicken to the rice pot at the same time you add the rice or just throw it together when the rice is done. I like to add it with the rice so it "comes together" and more flavoring. I also add a can of peas to it when it's all done. A fave in this house!

You could also take chicken breasts and pan fry them with veggies of your choice, I like squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in mine. You could make any rice with that, rice a roni, instant rice, whatever. You could switch up the chicken cuts & bread the chicken with dry ranch mix and either bake or fry. The possibilites are endless! Good luck! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• foodnetwork.com has a great recipe from Paula Deen..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Ditto on the foodnetwork.com. We try a new recipe once a week. I know this is prly a lame answer, but you can see why we try new recipes after this next statement, Riceoroni or whatever it's called makes a really good four cheese rice, fast and tasty! LOL! I love it, hope you find what you're looking for!
    ibarrasgirl

Answer by ibarrasgirl at 3:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• tnm recipe with the yellow rice is yum.I agree to put the chicken with the rice as it cooks.Tastes the best that way.When in the mood I also add, besides peas, sliced green olives or chopped up artichoke hearts.It just changes it around a bit or if I doubled it on purpose I add the extras two days later and heat it slowly in the oven.Makes the leftovers not exactly the same.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• cook & dice chicken while you cook rice. mix together w/ half cup cheese, can of cream of chicken, a dash of milk salt & pepper to taste. then sprinkle more cheese on top & bake 350 20 mins until heated

one of my familys faves!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 5:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Brown chicken breasts that are seasoned to your liking. Put in a crockpot: the browned chicken. Add a can of cream of chicken soup and a half can of milk, put the chicken on top, add another can of cream of chicken soup. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with rice.

My aunt does this but uses a jar of beef gravy and a jar or chicken gravy. You can also make it with porkchops.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• WOW! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. EVERYONE. I AM GLAD THAT ICOULD RECIEVE QUITE ALOT OF HELP.AND IDEAS.tHANKS AGAIN.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010