What was your "Pat On The Back" moment of the day?

Mine came when I was prepping veggies for supper and Damon (my 4 1/2 year old) asked me if he could have some celery. A moment later Troy (the baby... he is 2 1/2) yells "Ants on a log!" asking for their favorite snack. Celery stick topped with nut butter & raisins.
I Love that my children not only do not ask for junk, but they do not know what it is. They enjoy healthy things because that is what I have chosen to expose them to... It is in those moments that you feel triumph in knowing that you did something right, and it worked. Even when it is something small (although I do not see nutrition as a small feat).

So, what was YOUR moment today?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good for you! (and your children!)

For me it was seeing so many of my former older students walking in the mall today, it makes all those years of encouraging exercise feel really good.

Answer by Bmat at 3:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• One load away from havding my laundry all done. I would have had it if my machine would not have broken. I went down all happy I'm on my last load and no more cloths to wash. Walk in the laundry room and water all over my floor. So my Dad is coming to look at it. But I was still proud I got that far.
    Anonymous

• That is cute Obby! 2 1/2 is such a cute age.

I picked up my friends lil girl to take her to school with my dd. This lil girl can be "moody" in the morning, sometimes so I told her I like her coat and I made up a song about her coat. She was looking out the window with a smirk, ya know the one, when they want to laugh but they dont? lol ITs nice sending the kids off to school with a good attitude and to inspire a good mood for the day.....well hopefully.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OMG! the laundry.... the one thing I truly "Hate" (thats a no-no word in out house) about house work because it is NEVER finished... now THAT deserves a pat on the back. lol and I should go change MY loads out too. Clean sheets would be nice, lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I just finished paying all of the bills, and calling the companies to dispute additional charges, which happens virtually every month. I told my husband that by actually going through our bills, I save him any where from $50-120 a month.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• for dessert they got into a scuffle for the last apple. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• That is really great that you have chosen healthy snacks for your children. Ontop of that successfully gotten then to enjoy them too. Great Job!

My "Pat on the back" moment was doing 30 minutes on the Wii Fit. It's a tough, tough workout, so I am really proud of myself for pushing myself. This is my sixth day of working out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010