What do I do for a toothache?

The right side of my mouth, along with my ear and throat is killing me! I know it's mouth related because I've had problems with that for a few months. I stupidly didn't go to the dentist a couple months ago when I was pregnant a couple months ago. Now I have absolutely no money for it as of right now. Any recommendations on what I can do to get rid of the pain for the time being?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Health

• I recommend taking Ibuprophen and if you can locate which tooth it is, you can try some sort of numbing ointment like Ambesol. Ice packs also tend to help, and if the tooth is infected or the gum tissue is swollen, gargling with salt water will help.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Apply clove oil to the area with a q-tip.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Thanks :) As of right now my tooth is behaving {knock on wood}. I left a message with my dentist to see if I can get an appt. with him on Saturday and my parents offered to lend me some money so I could go.
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Thanks again for the tips :) I saw my dentist on Saturday and he ended up pulling my top wisdom tooth. It feels so good not to have any more pain!
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2010