Christians, how do you explain science with your religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personal thought, not bible based opinion!!! Science is valuable, it teaches history of the world and its many wonders, what roamed the earth before us, what many mysteries lie beneath the sea surface, the variety of animals, bugs, and amphibians,and the wonderous fruits and veggies all over the earth! With out science we would have no cars, airplanes, houses, rulers, math, never learned how to defy the law of physics, how to preserve food, too many to mention. The only thing I do not like about or agree with are the scientsts that try to deny God's exisistance by coming up with scientific proof; please remeber anything out side of the bible is man made and there fore thoughts of man not God! Not wishing to stir debate!!! I am just stating why I steered away from being a scientist; it denied everything I believed and thought we were as humans! I was very good at science and math, but let go of it because it(sci)carries .5 trth
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I believe God created the laws of nature, and the scientific method is a great way of learning about some of his methods.

Anonymous

• Science strengthens my religious faith, the more I learn the more wondrous the world becomes and the more I know God created the world.  I'm very interested in science and nature and ancient civilizations none of this has ever conflicted with my belief in God. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• God created science, and gave us the knowledge to decipher it. Science does nothing but PROVE the prophecies and teachings of the Bible.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Science backs up my religion, and doesn't prove the Bible wrong at all. Science and medicine have proven over and over again how God's laws in Leviticus are good, healthy advice. Science and archeology have proven, even through the study of Atlantis (a time before Adam and Eve, in between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2) how the earth is God's, always has been God's, and everything in it is His.

This is actually a pretty loaded question, and there's really not enough room in one answer slot to type the whole story, and it's a long, long story. But science does my religion a lot of favors. ;-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• IMO, God explains the Why or the Who, and science explains the how, if that makes sense.

I believe that God is behind things, but science can explain how those things work. God works through science, and we can use science to understand His creation.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Science that is factually based and proven has never conflicted with my beliefs. Science that, for me, cannot be satisfactorily proven by following the proper scientific method is of no consequence to me. I'm not good at taking things on "gut feelings" so I have done a lot of scientific research over the years, and if it doesn't line up, I try to find out why, but the Bible is always the absolute authority for me because science has shown so many things in it to be accurate, as have history, archaeology, etc.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010