7 weeks and u/s showed tiny sac, couldn't find the baby......

Dr. didn't say much, just that it looked like i conceived 2 weeks ago.. this scares me. all she said was come back in a month... i saw stories on the internet similar which ended in miscarriages and some with strong pregnancies... Help! Don't know what to the think..

CrystalCalvillo

Asked by CrystalCalvillo at 4:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I will keep you in my prayers. It is very scary to be in this situation. I myself went through it . There was no baby. I was pregnant but I had what they said was a missed miscarriage.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am sorry you're going through this. Can I ask why there was a sonogram at 7 weeks? I never had one that early so my experience is limited. All I can think is that it's a little too early for a sono and maybe that's why nothing was very visible.
    Anonymous

• well i have had U/S early and they probably have ur due date wrong hun your prob around 5 weeks.. youll be fine:) GL
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OP did they do a belly ultrasound or a intravaginal ultrasound, I ask this because sometimes this early along in a pregnancy they cannot see that much from the one they do on your belly, this happened to me but then they did intravaginal and when they did that sure enoughthey saw the baby!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• sometimes it is just too little to see, next appt they should be able to hear a heartbeat, if you are really concerned call back and ask to speak with the doctor, ask if their was something they saw that they didn't like good luck!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• obviously the doctor didnt see anything wrong thats why she set up another appt your still really early on so i wouldnt be concerned they saw the sac thats the important thing by next appt they might do another u/s or find a heartbeat i wouldnt worry too much your fine
    Anonymous

• Don't stress! That is rule #1 and I hope my answer helps: My doctor told us that I was further along than I was - he was way off. Sometimes the professionals are not always right!! Go with your feelings and you'll be fine. My doctor wanted to induce me when I was 40 wks. He fought me and said I told him I was 38 weeks so I wanted to wait at least 2 more wks. "I know, I did the ultrasound" He told me that I could have a metally challanged baby or a still born, etc because the baby was small. I insisted that if I didn't feel the baby kick for more than 5 mins I'd call him asap. I was induced 2 wks later and she came out perfect and weighing more than he thought. So with that said believe me they can be wrong and wait until the next Ultrasound to see where you stand and TRY to relax. I know it's easier said than done, but try. Good Luck, let us know how you make out.
    Junie933

Answer by Junie933 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I had an us at 5 weeks and all there was, was a small sack if she says you concived 2 weeks ago then you just might be 5 weeks prego. If she wants you back in a month then that is your next regular appt so try not to stress to much just sounds like ur a little less along than you thought which doesn happen! gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2010