If you are one religion would you take a job at another religion's, school or charitable organization?

would you work at an institution that preaches something you go against and your contract says you cannot talk bad about the religion?

example, you might think abortion is ok but you are allowed only to give no opinion or say it is wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• im a satanist and work at JCP lol
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• No, I can't say I could. If that makes me a bad person, whatever. I'm not going to align my name with an institution that goes against everything I believe and fight for.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• so?
    Anonymous

• anon 4:19 So? what?
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• That is so is for the first poster. I have no idea how that answered the question.

caitxrawks,would it be too hard to give no opinion at all? there is a VERY good job opportunity at a local organization run by a different church. The problem is I wonder how hard it will be to stay neutral. To allow them to believe what they and just not voice an opinion.

Anonymous

• I don't believe all that religious garbage, but I was a paid professional musician throughout college at various churches. It's a paycheck- I just sat there respectfully and zoned out during the services.
    Anonymous

• There are a few Indians working at my son's catholic school. No big deal..........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• yes money is money if you got to shut'up your beliefs to put food on the table then thats what you got to do. Besides you keep your personal at home when you work anywhere
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i was the first poster lol the answer to the question is yes, i have and will work for an organization that is of a different religion...as i said im a satanist and work at JCP, which is a christian owned store(founded on the Christians golden rule) lots of christian related stuff in the back offices too lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would as long as it didn't make me actively do something against my beliefs.

Every boss or manager I've ever had always had some belief (political, social, religious) that seemed weird to me. It seems being polite and smiling regardless of what people say is a job skill you have to have no matter who you're working for.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010