Lets break it down, shall we....

So, if you want to let others know what ISN'T true about your beliefs, speak them now. Lets break down the common misconceptions that we know others hold. Maybe, JUST maybe, someone here will listen and break down to others!

I am an atheist, I do NOT:
Worship the devil.
Lack morals and values.
Lack an inner conscious.
Want to do away with others religions.
Hate others who are religious.
Want to blow up churchs.
Worship MYSELF or am not completely self centered in my daily life.
Anything else I can add?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thanks for the few, intelligent responses.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Not a good idea.... but go ahead.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I know one you should add....you do not want others to push their religion on you. I get that a lot. Although i am not an atheist.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Not a good idea.... but go ahead.

Hows that?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• LOL... nope nothing else you can add.

I wish some more ladies would answer. It will be an interesting perspective. Im interested to see what comments most offend each woman regarding their religion.

It never occured to me that some one would acuse an atheist of worshiping the devil.
    Anonymous

• I would add(lets see if you really wanted to know what should be added)

I feel the need to make sure everyone on CM know what I believe even though nobody else has felt the need to break down their beliefs I am that special.

repeat not a good idea
    Anonymous

• yea I dont care this much. you can live your life and I can live mine and not feel the need to preach it to others. but you feel you have to

carry on
    Anonymous

• I'm a Christian and I'm not a Bible thumper who tries to force my beliefs on the world. It frustrates me when I see folks on here make those accusations.   :-(

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• "I feel the need to make sure everyone on CM know what I believe even though nobody else has felt the need to break down their beliefs I am that special.

repeat not a good idea "

Well I was coming at it from an angle of us all educating each other about our beliefs. Ya know, breaking down the misconceptions that we all understand each other. It's a shame others are so hell bent on being bitches and aren't interstied in learning. But hey, I guess thats what some religions what...uneducated, ignorant people.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• That JW's are a cult, I hve never seen any one or anything sacrificed to gain or achieve Godly powers or wisdom. That JW's for the most part are warm, caring individuals just like any other person in any other religion. That Jesus died for our sins, and that when Jehovah is ready He will end all the ugliness and injustice we see and know. That Jehovah wants us to know His name and call upon it, just as we call out a loved ones name on earth; the difference is that we can see and touch each other, but it takes a lot to believe in something you have never seen and some how know He's real. We are not lovers of war or hate and there for do not get involved in political matters/ not only because of warfare but the lies the government tell and the lengths they go to to hide them or keep them from being exposed. That JW's treat every human with respect and considration despite:religion, race, creed, clout, or monitary means. JW's cnt
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2010