What does your Christian husband think about porn?

Is it something he finds acceptible for the Christian male? Does he think it conflicts with Jesus' teachings? Does he consider it a form of adultery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband thinks that all forms or porn are wrong. He believes that it is disrespectful to me, to God and to our marriage to look at other women that way. If he has a magazine that he wants to read that is full of bad ads (like fitness mags.) he will ask me to go through it and pull out all the inappropriate photos of women so that he won't be tempted. He will drive the long way home to avoid racy billboards and change the channel when scantily clad women are on. I feel very blessed to have such a devoted husband who will go the extra mile to preserve the sanctity of our marriage and to try and make himself a better person.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• OP here....wow, I wish my husband felt that way.
    Anonymous

• A Christian husband should not be viewing pornography.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Christian or not its not honoring in a marriage. My husband believes porn is wrong.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well said Shaneagle777. Regardless of your faith, it is wrong on so many levels. It does not honor your wife. My husband believes it is wrong, while he still understands that it can be a very difficult thing for men, even Christian men, to deal with. It can be a stumbling block for men, and some women.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My husband thinks it is sin, of course. It is lust. You are looking at a woman to lust after her, just as Jesus told us not to.

He was actually never into it. He grew up without much exposure at all. And when I met him, it was before the internet that made it so easily accessible. He chose not to let himself look at it because He was a strong Christian. He went to Bible College straight out of high school and chose to be a youth pastor.

My husband respects me, but most of all He respects the Lord. He loves God so much, and he wants to have a pure mind.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My husband did not see it as wrong until he saw how wrong it was. He viewed porn for many years and stopped after he saw the destruction it was doing to our family. He realized that the women in porn were someones children, and that thought, coupled with how he felt thinking his daughter could one day be the woman doing those things, sickened him. He has said since that he is so ashamed he watched it for so long and thought it would not affect him. There is no way to not be affected by it. People say "oh its just pictures, movies, etc." What they dont realize is that in saying that, they are devaluing a persons life. They are viewing a HUMAN being (unless they are watching anime or something) and making that person a sex object. Sorry, but that is not something Jesus would do, and so in our quest to be Christlike, it is something neither of us participate in now

Anonymous

• " If he has a magazine that he wants to read that is full of bad ads (like fitness mags.) he will ask me to go through it and pull out all the inappropriate photos of women so that he won't be tempted."

YES! Mine too!!! He is a surfer and he gets all those surfing magazines. The first thing he does is rip out the "Reef" ads and throw them in the trash. It is always a girl with airbrushed buns in a thong, standing next to a surfboard. I mean really, who can even surf in a thong?! I think between the sand and the waves it would be painful!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My Christian husband sees it as adultery.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2010