How do I learn to give up control?

I have always been able to control everyone. But I met a guy I can't control and I really like him. But I fight him all the time bc I always want my way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If you figure it out, pass it on, because I haven't got a clue.
    Anonymous

• I am the same way. I wear the pants. I have a very dominate personality.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You want to be happy? Or do you want to have your way? Which is more important? Ask yourself this constantly.
    Anonymous

• I like everyone else who has posted am this way as well, the only suggestion that I can give you is try to find a happy medium with things, and learn how to bite your tongue, think things out don't fight if its not worth fighting about!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I am a wear the pants/ dominant kind of girl myself. I would be lying if I said my husband and I never butt heads. He often tells me I needed a guy that I could control; however, I think it's wrong. If a man is trustworthy, honest, has a good work ethic, and lives his life with integrity, then I shouldn't have to worry about controlling him in theory. You just have to realize that you can't control anyone and the person who you do have control over is yourself. Releasing control is actually quite freeing. Why would you want to be with someone who is spineless anyway? It takes the fun out of everything. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• LOL, I met the same guy (or his dad) a few years back. I fought it and him for over 3 yrs and slowly but surely I changed and let him control. It has made all the difference in the world. In giving up control to him, he actually does more for me so it's worked out well for me. Take baby steps. Choose your battles. Figure out what's important, being happy with him or being right? Take baby steps. You can figure it all out. I still control other parts of my life but with him, I gave in.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010