question about dogs and pregnancy

before I ask my question.... before i ask this I don't have a dog nor a dog that is in heat. i spay or nuetur my animals.

If a female dogs has pups is it possible for her to get pregnant again right away

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 4:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pets

• I don't know. I would think she wouldn't let a male dog near that end of her. I don't think she would till her next heat, they don't have sex for fun like ppl do.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• well the reason i ask is because someone dump two dogs off at my dads house and both of the dogs were pregnant when they had there puppys (its been 9 weeks) one of the dogs looks pregnant again which my dad is going to get both of the spayed but her belly is bowing out again...
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 5:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• If the dog had puppys she would be unable to become pregnant again until her next heat.If the dog your Dad has is looking bloated she should be seen by a vet.She could have an infection, or possibly worms as a pp has indicated.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• agree with Tikismom. Very likely worms.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2010