What kind of smoothie do you make?

And what kind of blender do you have? Mine for some reason doesn't want to cooperate I think I need a new one perferable one that can do anything as far as chopping and blending etc. I mean whatever I throw in I would like for it to do the job I need...lol

Anyway I just made a banana and blueberries with vanilla yogurt with alittle milk with some ice smoothie...it was good but something was missing my dh comes along and adds his touch...He adds lots of sugar not what I was looking for I was hoping to get my sugar through the fruit...lol they were both good.
thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Mango strawberry with soymilk, sometimes some almond butter in it for protein. I use a hand blender, it's a little wand. Super fast and easy.
    Anonymous

• frozen blueberries, frozen banana, kale (lots of iron and calcium), kiwi or orange juice or another vitamin C source (to increase the absorbtion of iron), yogurt

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I use frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, and frozen peaches. Then, I add a little orange or apple juice and a little yogurt. I also have the Magic Bullet and it takes care of any chopping, grinding, etc. that I need.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I make mine with banana, berries, flax seeds, soy milk and pro-biotic yogurt.  I add vanilla and a bit of brown sugar to sweeten. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I make mine with frozen berries of all kind, a banana, milk, sweetened with honey and a few tablespoons of apple juice concentrate. I cannot stand yogurt.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• My favorite is made with fresh strawberries and banana, vanilla frozen yogurt (or ice cream) for the creaminess, ice cubes to make it slushy and not too strong or thick...and orange juice adds that missing something IMO, also gets it to the right consistency.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have a cheap (under $20) smoothie blender from Wal-Mart - it is awesome! I freeze seasonal fruit - strawberries, blueberries, kiwi (peeled & chunked), as well as mangoes, bananas, both peeled & chunked, and whatever else looks good. When it's smoothie time, I throw in a handful of baby carrots, a big handful of fresh spinach if I have it on hand, and whatever frozen fruit looks good. About 3/4 of the blender. I pour juice til it's covered by about an inch (usually apple or Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine) and blend. I like to add an avocado or two too for my kids (makes it creamier). I've added apple but it's kinda gross. I never add any dairy to mine, or sugar, or any other sweeteners, no ice, no water - just the 100% juice. My kids suck down a blender full in about 5 minutes and beg for more (they love fruit in all forms!).
    Anonymous