Tomorrow is my very first ultrasound. and im freaking out.

I am sooo EXCITED! but also kinda nervous. My sister has this theory that im having twins, and since this is my first ultrasound she says they wouldnt be able to tell if it were twins until the ultrasound, IS that true?

So far at my doctor visits all we have done is listen to the heartbeat. and I just figure that if there was two babies in there that there would be two heartbeats and the doctor would of noticed...

Any more info on this???

BABYnME610

Asked by BABYnME610 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You don't have twins if your doc didn't hear two heartbeats. What exactly kind of "witchdoctor" theory does your sister have?
    Anonymous

• well I dont know how far along you are to say what all that doctor will see in this sonogram and unless there were 2 heartbeats no you are not having twins.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 5:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Why does your sister think you are having twins? Yes they will be able to tell on the Ultrasound. Yes it does happy sometimes they miss it but very rare for it to happen.
    Anonymous

• i have to disagree with the others and say that sometimes they cannot hear 2 heartbeats if there are twins in there. they sometimes have to really move that doppler around to find the one heartbeat, and the other one could be lower down, or whatever. i think it's unlikely you will have twins but possible!
    Anonymous

• i agree w anon :26. i have a few friends who never found out they were having twins till they did an ultrasoun at 30weeks!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Even if you are having twins, they probably wouldn't HEAR two heart beats unless they were LOOKING for two heart beats! I know that it's possible to miss one because I AM having twins and when I was 15 weeks, the doctor found one of the heart beats and then had to move the doppler around for another minute or two to find the second baby's heart beat. Also, I don't know how far along you are but I was only 5 weeks when they did an ultrasound and told me I was having twins. They can tell pretty early.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and the doctor said there wasnt twins in there! they should be able to tell!
    MrsSzep

Answer by MrsSzep at 7:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010