someone dump two dogs off at my dads house and both of the dogs were pregnant when they had there puppys (its been 9 weeks) one of the dogs looks pregnant again which my dad is going to get both of the spayed but her belly is bowing out again...

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Pets

• It could have worms.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would get them both to the vet asap and have them checked out and have them spayed now unless the one is to far along then she will have to wait. Dogs do have false pregnancies as well so that is a possiblity.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You can still spay a dog when pregnant and sometimes its the best thing to do. It could also be worms like the pp said.,
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• From my understanding, after a dog has puppies both the mother and puppies need to be treated by a vet for worms.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• your dog cant be preggo again dogs only go into heat twice a year! Your dog probably has worms and if so the puppies need to be treated as welll..better yet treat all of the dogs since the mothers were strays and now they puppys could have gotten worms from either poo or milk..good luck
    Anonymous