clothes..ugghh

(also posted in beauty an style0

my bday is the 31, and i told my hubby i wanted some new clothes..well, our mall is having a "sidewalk" sale the 15-18 and i would like to fin something then...i hate shopping anymore..eversince i had my dd i feel like i look like a beached whale..i've always gained all my weight in my tummy area..i want to be able to feel good and look good on my bday (turning 21 woo hoo! lol)..what do i need to be looking for? i would love to wear heels but i'm 5'8 and feel like i look bigger with heels on an my hubby is only about 5'10....any suggestions, head to toe? tell me what i need to be looking for..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• I would look for some cute jeans and maybe some boots so you can tuck your jeans in. This tends to make the bottom wider so it balances out te tummy/hip area and boots are so in style now!

I would look for some cute sweaters depending on where you are at. Black is always nice and versatile for different occassions. Pick soemthing you can dress up with makeup or wear on a more casual day. make sure your shirts fit well..not to big and not too small. /Everyone looks better in the right size. I like New York and company, Maurices, Aeropostal, American Eagle..I like department stores for basics, but I prefer to go to a smaller store get help from a sales clerk if Im looking for a specific occasion.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. Boots with jeans will really help balance out your stomach. Make sure to look for some really well fitting jeans. Having the proper size will not only trim you down, but you will also look more tailored. Also, when looking for jeans, try and find a dark was since that will also help trim you down.

Go for clothes that fit, especially in your shirts. You might be best going with fitted long sleeved shirts and sweaters. Belts and jackets will also play a big part in how you look. Jackets that rest at the top of your hips and have good structure will be the best for your body shape.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• do not tuck in your jeans in boots if your hips are to big it would just make them look bigger.

New York Co does have great clothing for women of all sizes.

Ask the sales people to help you, I have had good luck with their help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2010