Question for Christians

If you were raised say catholic, JW, Seventh Day Adventist or Muslim. Say when you grew up you didn't believe in those anymore. You found evidence or they just didn't sit right with you. But you lived your life folling this religion that you felt you had to be a part of to be saved but didn't believe in would you go to heaven or hell?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It seems that you have discovered the truth (God) and it may be hard to go away from what you have known all your life. Pray for God to give you strength and lead you in the direction that he has planned for you.
    Just pray and remember that with God all things are possible!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I'm having trouble understanding your question. But I think that the most important thing isn't the particular faith but rather the way you live your life.

"Love one another as I have loved you." "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Pretty clear directives. Follow 'em and I don't care what religion you follow...you're going to heaven in my book.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• say what?

confused

Anonymous

• Ok I was raised in a doctrine in which I no longer believe in. I have been shown that these things are not true by reading my bible and asking God wtf it means. I am getting clear answers so I know it's God. I feel I have to follow this doctrine in which I was raised in because it's habit now I guess and I don't feel good enough unless I adhere to this doctrine that I don't believe in. So wll I go to hell for following this path? Or should I take that leap of faith and follow this path God has put before me?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• I'll do the best I can... I was raised Baptist and my hubby was raised Catholic. About 4 years into our marriage his eyes were opened that the ONLY thing that mattered was God's Word. It doesn't matter what "religion" you are, what matters is that you come to Jesus the ONLY way that the BIBLE says that it's possible. Through the blood of Jesus, realizing that YOU can do NOTHING. It is by grace through faith that we can be made whole through Jesus. After you make that personal decision, I believe it is important to get into a good, Bible-preaching church where you can serve the ONE who died for you and purchased your salvation. For us, that is a Fundamental, Independent, Baptist Church. My hubby realized that for all of the CCD, and classes, and masses and such, they had NEVER ONCE told him about salvation ONLY in Jesus Christ. Any religion that doesn't teach Jesus Christ as the ONLY way is a false religion.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• They do teach Jesus is the way but there are certain things we can't do that are stupid. They don't make sense.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• TimandMely4ever - I couldn't have said it ANY better!! Great job!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I wasnt sort of raised any particular way. It was only when I had my dd that I began to take God seriously and realized that her life was in my hands. I was responsible for educating her and that meant spiritually as well. Wow isnt it amazing what love for your kids will do to you? When I learned about God as an adult, it was like that last puzzle piece that fit and I clearly understood all the answers....well most of them anyhow. I do believe He allowed me to see.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Your question is a little hard to follow. But I'm try to answer. If I didn't believe in being Catholic would I still follow it so I could be saved? Is this your question?

If I didn't believe in it why would I think I had to follow it to be saved?  If I felt it was untrue there would be no need to follow it to be saved.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i was raised catholic and now i'm a JW, the catholic faith never felt right to me. So, no i dont believe that i'm going to hell or heaven. I do believe that, God willing i will walk through the narrow path and have everlasting life on earth,.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2010