4 pounds gained since octber

my now 4 month old has only gained 4 pounds since october, and a total of 7 pounds since birth. does anyone know a good website to look at growth charts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pound to a pound and a half a month a month is what you want to see. I think you can relax...yours has fallen right into thaty range.

If you're breastfeeding, charts are useless.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• his ped is alittle worried about it, i had to stop bf so all he gets is formula, he will not eat any baby food whatso ever. but ty
    Anonymous

• That doesn't really sound all that alarming to me. Sounds pretty normal, actually. Did you stop BF because of the weight, or for another reason? Just wondering, because if a doc told you to stop because of that type of weight gain, I'd fire him. If it was for some other reason you'd rather not discuss, fine by me.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Why on earth did you ped tell you to stop breastfeeding? I would callyour pediatrician and ask him if he uses the new breastfeeding growth charts or was comparing your baby with a formula fed growth charts! If he used the formula charts I would raise a big stink about it. The two sets of babies do not grow the same way because theydo not gain the same way. He's too young for baby food, the WHO and AMA says six months at least.

Go here for the proper charts: http://www.home.kellymom.net/babyconcerns/growth/index.html

If you want to relactate, and get proper breastfeeding advice the same site is a weath of information.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Baby food is LESS caloric and will interfere with gain. If baby is gaining a pound a month on formula, he's doing FINE and not being overfed.
    If you want to chat more about the nursing thing, feel free to message me. Sadly most docs are USELESS on infant feeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010